With your help the people of West Africa have "a chance, not only to change their own lives and their own destinies, but to change the future of an entire generation".

Monday, September 24, 2012

Just part of living in West Africa

The rains have started and so has the increase in mosquitos... and Malaria....

I am not immune, and after a busy week, and being run down, have all the symptoms of this parasitic disease.

Fortunately, I have access to the latest medication, costing nearly $10 for the course... That is several days wages for many people here.

The symptoms hit me on a check flight and I immediately grounded myself. The modern medication, if taken early and the full course taken, takes effect in a matter if hours, and completely cures. I expect to be back to full operations very quickly.

We must remember that for many, this malaria season will mean a lot of sickness, loss of schooling, loss of productivity, complications in other sickness, and for some loss of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment